“The generous and the bold, lead the most fulfilling lives.” — Chinese proverb
I love the work that I have the opportunity to do. Most of my clients are seniors, and they come to us to make wise decisions about life, aging, and protecting their loved ones.
In my role as lead attorney of the Law Elder Law organization, it is my job to surround myself with people who are committed to serving our clients in a world class manner. We must be people who are trustworthy and client-oriented. Our team must see itself as an organization where not only our clients, but also our co-workers, are treated with respect and courtesy and a heartfelt commitment to put the interests of others above our own.
We can provide world class service only when we ourselves live out the Golden Rule in such a way that we imagine what we would want, and then grab the initiative and do that for others.
I invite my clients to hold me personally accountable for the actions, performance, and results of anyone on our team.
My commitment to building a world class organization is a commitment that is never-ending.
I am married to Rosemary Law and we have four children – Adam, Diana, Catherine, and Ethan – and four grandchildren – Lucy, Daphne, Evan, and Phoebe.
- Juris Doctor of Laws, Northern Illinois University College of Law
- Past president, Illinois Land Title Association (2002-2003)
- Practicing attorney 1983 to present, concentrating in the areas of federal income tax, estate planning, disability, veterans’ benefits, and Medicaid assistance
- Founder and lead attorney of Law Elder Law, LLP
- Named the #1 elder law and estate planning attorney in Illinois for the past nine years by Leading Lawyers magazine (2008-2016)
- Appointed Kendall County Public Guardian in 2016 – tasked with protecting incapacitated seniors who are without honest and reliable loved ones.
- Member, American Association of Trust, Estate, and Elder Law Attorneys (AATEELA)
- Co-author of the book Alzheimers and the Law: Counseling Clients with Dementia and Their Families – a
- Textbook for Lawyers (published in 2013 by the American Bar Association
- Co-author of the book Cruising Through Retirement: Avoiding the Potholes (2nd edition)
- Author of articles published by a number of legal bar journals, NAELA News, Chicago area newspapers, and the Illinois Institute of Continuing Legal Education (IICLE)
- Presenter of continuing legal education for organizations which include the Illinois State Bar Association; the National Academy of Estate Planning Attorneys (NAELA); the Illinois Institute of Continuing Legal Education (IICLE); the Kane County Bar Association; the American Academy of Estate, Elder Law, and Trust Attorneys (AATEELA); the Cook County Bar Association; and the Wealth Counsel annual symposium.
- Bilingual English/Spanish speaker