“We want you all to do great, and do well in your lives; but do not forget to do good while doing well or it will not be as great.” — Jack Sandner, Former Chair of the Chicago Mercantile Exchange
Zach grew up in the area, and loves helping families protect assets and seeing them keep more of what they’ve worked hard for all their lives. He likes working with the people he grew up around, and has helped many old family friends… he’s even helped some of his own family members!
Zach is a person of integrity, perseverance, and goodwill. “I love the variety I get to see in my work. No two families are the same, so using tools in different ways to solve problems is what I’m passionate about. Each family presents a different riddle, and I get to help them find the best results.”
Professionally, what makes Zach proudest is when he can put together a unique estate plan, solving tax riddles along the way, to get a wonderful benefit for a family. “It’s about helping to preserve assets and pass a couple’s legacy on to their kids,” he says.
What’s more, Zach looks at every family with the same care and interest, whether they have a thousand dollars to their name or a million. “I make sure the families I work with feel educated and comfortable with the process. Especially for families who have a modest amount to save, what we can preserve often makes an even bigger impact for them than for a wealthy family.” Zach loves seeing his family grow.
Zach’s wife, Kelly, is a school social worker in Geneva. Their son, Rockne, is the love of their lives. At nearly three years old, he keeps them very busy!
Zach’s other loves are watching sports or collecting memorabilia, especially when it comes to the Chicago White Sox and the Dallas Cowboys. “My favorite way to spend a Saturday is with Kelly and Rockne. We’ll go to a local park or forest preserve, then get to some kind of ball game – any kind! I’d rather enjoy a hot dog and beer at a ball game than a fancy meal any day.”
Education and More
- DePaul University College of Law: Masters of Law in Taxation
- Valparaiso University School of Law: Juris Doctor
- Valparaiso University: Bachelor of Arts, cum laude — double majoring in Political Science and Philosophy
- Regularly gives seminars to the public on Preservation of Assets and Veterans Benefits
- Admitted to practice in the State of Illinois
- Kane County Bar Association
- DuPage County Bar Association
- IICLE Continuing Education Provider in the areas of Medicaid Planning and VA benefits
- Past presenter to the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA) on veterans benefits