Feb 27, 2014
By Rick Law of Law Elder Law in West Suburban Aurora, Illinois, just off the I-88 tollway.
The elder law attorney provides legal advice and counsel to seniors so they can protect their home, their loved ones and their independence.
Just as a tax attorney advises clients how to arrange their financial affairs to provide the best financial outcome under the law, we counsel our clients on how to arrange their affairs to provide the best financial benefits under the law, as it relates to long-term care. We work within the law to lessen the financial assault of long-term healthcare expenses. We wish to provide a means to help our clients to pay for quality healthcare and to avoid being in a situation where they have been reduced to having only $2,000 of assets and a personal needs allowance of only $30.
Some of the options that exist under the law include:
• Helping couples with long-term care issues to improve the quality of life for both the ill spouse and the well spouse
• Helping couples with long-term care issues plan for improved survivor care financial benefits after the death of the ill spouse
• Assisting the over-65 wartime veteran who may qualify for certain benefits to pay for in-home healthcare assistance and/or assisted living facility costs
• Creating supplemental care trusts designed to pay expenses for frail seniors
• Providing seniors with appropriate estate planning and trusts designed to fulfill the goal of leaving a legacy to the family
• Assisting senior couples distressed by long-term care issues to improve the well spouse’s quality of life both now and after the death of the ill spouse
Too many families needlessly lose everything they have. Don’t let that be you. If you need help paying the overwhelming cost of long term care, give our office a call at 630-585-5200 or 800-310-3100. Your first consultation is absolutely free. We’ll let you know what steps you need to take, right now, to protect yourself and your family. Call now, because when you’re out of money, you’re out of options!
Rick L. Law, Attorney, Estate Planner for Retirees.
Rick was named the #1 Illinois elder law estate planning attorney by Leading Lawyer Magazine. He has been quoted in the Wall Street Journal, AARP Magazine, TheStreet.com, and numerous newspapers and articles. Rick is the lead attorney for Law Elder Law, LLP, focusing in Estate Planning, Guardianship, and Nursing Home Solutions. His goal is to give retirees an informed edge when it comes to dealing with an uncertain future. Get flexible retirement strategies that work during good times and bad, plus information on how you can save your home and assets from being used to pay for long term care.
“You don’t have to leave your family a lot of money. You really don’t have to leave them anything.
Just don’t leave them a mess.
Law Hesselbaum has made sure we won’t leave our family with a mess.”
M. C., Client of Law Hesselbaum and Law Elder Law